Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Favourite Things

If Oprah can do a "Favourites" show, then I can do a "Favourites" blog because I know you all are just dying to know what I just can't bear to live without LOL. I've already talked about my favourites candle and my favourite yogurt, but here are the rest of my favourite things.

Socks: "Joe" socks from Superstore. They are men's socks and come in chocolate brown, beige and baby-poop brown. They have an orange stripe across the toe. I love these socks because they are thin, yet the bottoms of the feet are a little thicker. Comfy, stylish and no more white sports socks (except for work)! I tried to find a link to the socks on the Joe website, but apparently socks aren't popular enough for them to feature.

Pen: the Bic Atlantis. I do a fair amount of writing at work, keeping track of what each student is working on everday. Then, there's writing page long notes to my job share partner about anything of note that happened that day. The Atlantis has a thin, rubber grip that relieves the pressure on the writing-callous on my finger. Plus, I like that the tip (nib?) is soft, not scratchy.

Dove: I use Dove deodorant, shampoo (mixed intermittently with Redken), moisturizer, hairspray, liquid hand soap, bar soap, and body wash (mixed intermittently with Mary Kay's Sugar Scrubs). I fell in love with their Baby Dove when I was thirteen and they've held me tight in their "Real Beauty" campaign ever since.

Breath Freshener: Lifesavers Wint-O-Green (the indivudally wrapped ones, not the little packs). I always detested the teachers who had rank coffee breath and I vowed I would never be one of those people. So my desk drawer always has a handful of these Lifesavers ready to mask my evil coffee breath. I also nibble on these when I'm reading in bed.

Website: I'm Not Obsessed. I get my daily dose of celebrity gossip (updated several times a day!) without nasty comments or harsh criticism. It's simple and informative, just the way I like my celebrity stalking to be.

Music: Corb Lund. If I had to pick only one CD to listen to for the rest my life, hands down it would be Five Dollar Bill. If I could pick only one song to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be "No Roads Here". Corb is from Taber, Alberta and his music is a mixture of country and rock (and I have never been a fan of country music!). Check out any of his videos and if you don't fall in love with his music, I can guarantee his rugged good looks will reel you in (and that goes for all you male readers out there too).

So there you have it...a few of my favourite things. I could go on and tell you about my favourite toilet paper, dish soap, laundry detergent, floor cleaner, cat food, salad dressing and so on, but I figured I better quit while things are still interesting. Seriously though...go check out Corb Lund. And let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment