Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Since You've Been Gone...

Dear Home Care,

It's been just over 24 hours since we cancelled your services for the summer.  Although I respect the work that you do (and could never do it myself), I must say that it feels like a weight has been lifted now that you are no longer coming into my home every morning.

I will not miss those of you that wear your outside shoes in the house (even though there were TWO signs posted about removing all outdoor footwear).

I will not miss how you don't pick up on the fact that I would whisper "Good Morning" because there is a baby and a shift worker sleeping and you go ahead and yell, "Good morning, Joel!!!" as soon as you step into his room.

I will not miss you accidentally walking into my daughter's room (some of you with your outside shoes), thinking it was the bathroom.

I will not miss you going into our hall linen closet to grab OUR facecloths, instead of pulling from the huge pile of cloths in Joel's closet.

I will not miss you tossing your jackets onto our living room chairs and/or ottoman (on top of Miss K's toys), despite the fact there are TWO signs posted about hanging your jackets behind the door.

I will not miss having to re-adjust Joel's back brace once he is in his chair because you failed to notice which side of the brace goes at the top.

I will not miss you knocking on our bedroom door (on the mornings I got to sleep in) because you are looking for Mike and can't wait 30 seconds for him to come up from downstairs.

I will not miss you accidentally using Joel's acne cream as his toothpaste.

I will not miss you skipping over washing Joel's face and just using Oxypads instead.

I will not miss you at all.

This fall, we will be taking advantage of the program that my hottie boyfriend from the medical supply store is starting up (Nurse On The Go or something).  I am hoping it is more of a one-on-one scenario, so I can be right in Joel's room and just have the nurse assist what I'm doing.

That is all.

Signed,

My OCD Has Calmed Down Quite A Bit In Your Absence

No comments:

Post a Comment